Greece’s residency by investment program has attracted attention from all over the globe. Many investors have seized the opportunity to reside in the beautiful country of Greece, taking advantage of the residency program, which following a promising investment, grants visa free travel to 26 countries in the Schengen Area.
Member of the Schengen Area
Greece is a European Union member and also a part of the Schengen Area consisting of 26 European countries. Visa free travel to all the countries in the Schengen Area – including travel from the country of origin, without the need to travel through Greece – is available to those who become permanent residents of Greece. This opportunity is particularly appealing to international professionals and entrepreneurs. However, with the option of other European investment programs, Greece stands out due to several further factors.
Mediterranean Climate and Location
Greece boasts a unique location as the crossroad of Europe, Africa and Asia, resulting in many parts of Europe being reachable by plane in just a few hours. The location also provides guaranteed great weather all year round with at least 300 days of sunshine a year, creating an enjoyable uplifting environment to live in with hot sunny days and breezy summer nights.
Health Services and Education
Greece provides outstanding healthcare services. The excellent Health care services are paired with an abundance of educational opportunities. Residents have the choice of private or public higher education with a particular high standard in subjects such as humanities and sciences that draw students from all around the globe.
It is no surprise that Greece is one of the most popular tourist destinations worldwide, attracting 16.5 million tourists a year due to the diversity that suits all types of holiday makers.
For those that wish for a quiet relaxing holiday they can enjoy one of the many beautiful beaches or explore the stunning Greek islands, enjoying the cool summer nights and local hospitality from traditional Greek villages.
For those that prefer a lively holiday, they can enjoy the buzz of the cosmopolitan cities that offer an abundance of shopping, restaurants and bars.
Hospitality Towards All
Due to the location of Greece, locals have a long history of welcoming foreigners and immigrants, embracing various cultures resulting in many feeling so welcome that they make Greece their permanent home. A large percentage of the population speaks English, which allows people from all over to communicate efficiently.
The Culture and History of Greece
Greece is famous for the outstanding history and culture that the country has to offer. Considered as the birthplace of western civilisation, Greece has unmatched contributions to sciences, physics, mathematics and literature. One can explore famous ancient archaeological sites such as Ancient Olympia, the Parthenon, the Agora of Athens and many more.
Golden Visa in Greece
Unique Economical Investment
The Greece residency by investment program stands out amongst other programs as one of the most economical investments. All programs are linked to the investment of property with Greece offering a favourable return on investment. Benefits and Requirements of investments are as follows:
- Minimum investment of €250,000 in property
- Investment of property to be on main land Greece or the Greek islands
- Proof of health insurance
- Fee for applications and forms of €500
- Required documents e.g. travel documents, photos, contract of sale etc
- Additional government fees
- Permit of residence is granted for 5 years, with the opportunity to be renewed indefinitely.
- Visa free travel throughout the Schengen Area*.
- Residency can be processed within 30-60 days.
- Investors can be joined by a spouse, children and parents.
- An initial visit and second visit to Greece is required before issuing the documents; however, following the visits, all further formalities can be completed by a local legal representative.
- Unique from other countries as there is no requirement for an investor to reside in Greece before partaking in the program
- Residents have the same access to education as locals, including access to education across the European Union.
- Those who gain residency have the opportunity to own and operate a business.
- Residents are able to rent properties that they have invested in.
- After 7 years of residency in Greece the opportunity to apply for full citizenship is available.
*Schengen Area Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
The Perfect Time to Invest
Following the Greek financial crisis, the real estate market took a hit resulting in low priced properties. Investors initially have been cautious when acquiring property; however due to the economic upturn, a unique investment opportunity is available.
The country continues to gain financial and economic stability, with the increase of money flowing into the property market as experienced investors predict a full recovery which would result in serious return of investment.
The demand for tourism has increased due to the low prices that tourists desire. The result is a boost in tourism and a high demand for holiday rental properties.
With the above in mind, those who wish to invest have two promising opportunities:
1. The option to buy a property to be used personally with the potential of selling in the future.
2. Another option is to invest in one or multiple properties that can be rented year-round or used as holiday rentals.
Greece has defied any bleak predictions, with its economy continuing to pick up. The future for Greece as a whole, appears very bright. For those that wish to be apart of this bright future now is the time to invest.